From 1934 through today, learn about the history of OVAL's growth into a world-leader in pulp packaging equipment.
Ovalmatic machinery continues to be the leader in the industry on machine design, operation, easy service and most importantly operational uptime.
Our Mission Statement
We serve the maintenance outsourcing needs of the pulp and paper industry. We are committed to consistently meet or exceed our customers expectations and to improve the reliability and efficiency of our customers' processes and improve the cost-effectiveness of their operations.
We specialize in pulp industry processes, machinery, equipment, and aftermarket services. The company's offering extends over the entire life cycle of the process, covering new lines, rebuilds, and various services.
Our Quality Policy
Our objective is to consistently meet or exceed our customer’s expectations. We expect to do this with every customer order we process. OVAL and its employees are committed to continuous improvement.
We honor, celebrate, and protect our integrity with customers, employees, vendors, and the community.
- Invention and design of unitizing methods using round wire and accepted as the standard for handling of market pulp throughout the world
- Developed and patented "Ovalized" wire for superior wire management and joint values
- Paper strap machine
- Created first fully automated pulp bale wire tying system
- Equipment installed and supported in all regions of the world where there is production of market pulp
- North American locations in Hoquiam WA, Fredericton NB, Burlington ON, Surrey BC and Fort Payne AL
- Truly integrated international company with representatives in Europe, Africa, Australia, New Zealand, South America and Asia
Our heritage ties us to various names in the past including Gerrard Company Ltd., Ovalstrapping, and Gerrard-Ovalstrapping. We are now unified under one widely recognized name, OVAL International and still retain all of the values and determination of the past.
OVAL International operates primarily from locations across North America and provides sales and service anywhere in the world. We are truly integrated international company with representatives in Europe, Africa, Australia, New Zealand, South America, and Asia.