Ovalmatic 9500 UNITYER comprises tying and compacting functions built into a single station and offers the following features and benefits:
- Twister: twisting/gripping functions are hydraulically driven by the twister and gripper cylinders. Twisting functions are gear and cam driven ensuring the Twister cycle is repeatable and can never be “out of time”
- Track: time proven Low Friction Track design partnered with Ovalmatic Quality Wire eliminates the need for wire lubrication resulting in contaminate free pulp bales.
- PLC Controls: on-board PLC manages time critical functions and allows the Tying Machine to be independently operated in maintenance areas.
- HMI: provides machine data, diagnostics and maintenance functions in an organized, menu driven interface.
- Feed/Tension: time proven Feed/Tension design provides a light nip force during the feed cycle and electronic tension control for accurate and repeatable wire tensioning. This arrangement reduces wire jams and buckling.
- Side and Top Compactors – side and top compactors are driven by an off-board hydraulic power unit. Only three hydraulic lines are required between the Unityer and the HPU.
- Side Compactor – Fully floating side compactor arms align the bale stacks without dragging the stacks across conveyor chains.
- Bale Switches: Unlike photocells which can be fouled by pulp dust, the 9500 conveyor uses a spring-loaded roller and proximity sensor to provide positive unit position.