Ovalmatic 8700 Wire Tying Machine offers the following features and benefits:
- Drives: All functions are gearmotor driven using AC vector drives; no hydraulic oil clean-up or environmental concerns.
- Direct Drive: All gearmotors are mounted directly to their drive shafts; no belts, chain, couplers or other wear components are used in the drive system.
- AC Vector Drives: Decentralized, closed loop AC Vector drives ensure controlled acceleration, smooth operation and less wear on all moving components. Decentralized drives are mounted on or near the gearmotors which removes major heat producing components from the control panel
- Twister: All twisting functions are driven by main-shaft mounted cams and drive gear ensuring the Twister cycle is repeatable and can never be “out of time”
- Track: Time proven low friction track design partnered with Ovalmatic Quality Wire eliminates the need for wire lubrication resulting in contaminate free pulp bales.
- Re-Feed: If the feed cycle is not completed, wire is automatically drawn back and another feed attempt is made.
- PLC Control: On board PLC control manages time critical functions and allows the Tying Machine to be independently operated in maintenance areas.
- HMI: Combines operator controls, machine data, diagnostics and maintenance functions into an organized, menu driven, machine control interface.
- Portability: Quick disconnects (power, interlocks, air) and large diameter casters ensure portability for maintenance operations.
Ovalmatic 8700 Conveyors offer the following features and benefits:
- Drives: Conveyor gearmotors are mounted directly to the drive shafts; no belts, chain or couplers are used in the drive system.
- Adjustable: Conveyor chains are laterally adjustable allowing conveyor chain positions to be adjusted for the bale width.
- Bale Switches: Unlike photocells which can be fouled by pulp dust, the 8700 conveyor uses a spring-loaded pivoting roller and proximity sensor to provide positive bale position.