Ovalmatic 9700 UNITYER comprises the Tying Unit and Compacting Station and offers the following features and benefits:
- Drives: All functions are gearmotor driven by AC vector drives; no hydraulic oil clean-up or environmental concerns.
- Direct Drive: All gearmotors are mounted directly to their drive shafts; no belts, chain, couplers or other wear components are used in the drive system.
- AC Vector Drives: Closed loop AC Vector drives ensure controlled acceleration, smooth operation and less wear on all moving components.
- Accumulator: Gearmotor driven Rotating Disk Accumulator ensures controlled, high speed wire management virtually eliminating buckles and jams.
- Twister: All twisting functions are driven by main-shaft mounted cams and drive gear ensuring the Twister cycle is repeatable and can never be “out of time”
- Wire Threading: Inserting wire at the entry point starts the automatic wire threading sequence; no doors or guards are required to be open.
- Re-Feed: If the feed cycle is not completed, wire is automatically drawn back and another feed attempt is made.
- Wire Clearing: Expels waste wire, when the wire supply is depleted, by forming the wire into a small disposable coil.
- Track: Time proven low friction track design partnered with Ovalmatic Quality Wire eliminates the need for wire lubrication resulting in contaminate free pulp bales.
- PLC Control: On board PLC control manages time critical functions and allows the Tying Machine to be independently operated in maintenance areas.
- HMI: Combines operator controls, machine data, diagnostics and maintenance functions into an organized, menu driven, machine control interface.
- Portability: Quick disconnects (power, interlocks, air) and large diameter casters ensure portability for maintenance operations.
- Top Compactor – side and top compactors are driven by a small, on-board A regenerative hydraulic circuit improves Top Compactor speed.
- Side Compactor – Fully floating side compactor arms align bale stacks without dragging stacks across conveyor chains.
- Drives: Conveyor gearmotors are mounted directly to drive shafts; no belts, chain or couplers are used in the drive system.
- Adjustable: Conveyor chains are laterally adjustable allowing conveyor chain positions to be adjusted for bale width.
- Bale Switches: Unlike photocells which can be fouled by pulp dust, the 9700 conveyor uses a spring-loaded roller and proximity sensor to provide positive bale position.