OVALMATIC 9800 Strapping Machine offers the following features and benefits:
- Drives: All functions are driven by closed loop brushless DC servo gearmotors ensuring controlled acceleration, smooth operation and less wear on all moving components.
- Gearmotors: All servo components are integral to the gearmotor thereby removing heat producing components from the control panel.
- Twister: All twisting functions are Servo gearmotor driven through main-shaft mounted cams and drive gear ensuring the Twister cycle is repeatable and can never be “out of time.”
- Strap Threading: Inserting strap at the entry point starts the automatic wire threading sequence; no doors or guards are required to be open.
- Re-feed: if the feed cycle is not completed, strap is automatically drawn back and another attempt is made.
- Coil Exchanger: The dual coil system automatically switches to a second coil when the first coil is depleted. There is never a need to stop the 9800 for a coil change.
- Low Friction Track: Specialized materials and coatings allow the 9800 to operate even in high heat and humidity pulp mill environments.
- PLC Control: Manages time critical functions and allows the 9800 to be independently operated in maintenance areas.
- HMI: Combines operating parameters, machine data, diagnostics and maintenance functions into an organized, menu driven, machine control interface.
- Portability: Quick disconnects (power, interlocks) and large diameter casters – ensure portability for maintenance operations. No air supply is needed for the 9800
Ovalmatic 9800 Conveyors offer the following features and benefits:
- Drives: Conveyor gearmotors are mounted directly to the drive shafts; no belts, chain or couplers are used in the drive system.
- Adjustable: Conveyor chains are laterally adjustable allowing conveyor chain positions to be adjusted for the bale width.
- Bale Switches: Unlike photocells which can be fouled by pulp dust, the 9800 conveyor uses a spring-loaded pivoting roller and proximity sensor to provide positive bale position.